As a startup, you might not have the resources to hire an in-house team of marketing experts. Thankfully, there are agencies that specialize in small business marketing, and they can help in starting a new online marketing campaign, within a fixed budget. With numerous options, selecting one of these agencies can be tricky. Below are a few tips that might come handy for comparing online marketing firms for small business projects.
- Go for expertise. Choose a firm that has enough experience with varied channels and forms of online marketing, not limited to SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, and content marketing. They must be capable of running a successful PR campaign, as well, besides focusing on targeted advertisement.
- Discuss your marketing goals. Every business has different objectives and expectations from their marketing campaign. If you know your requirements, discuss the same with the concerned agency to get a quick idea of their expertise. You need to know if they can offer custom solutions for your specific needs.
- Ask for a quote. Don’t choose a service because they are offering the lowest quote for the job. Instead, check the inclusions and things they can do for your website and brand. It’s important to choose experience over a discount, given that this field is all about long term commitment. Nevertheless, do check the quote to avoid unwanted hidden costs.
- Know their clients. Any marketing agency can claim big things about their work, but how can you verify these aspects? A wise idea is to ask for references. Talk to their clients and check the kind of diverse projects they have completed so far.
- Understand their approach. An online marketing campaign is a mix of many tools and strategies, and it’s important to understand the efforts of the concerned agency in this regard. They must be capable of explaining the highlights of their services, and they should have a distinguished approach towards your brand.
Finally, do consider the level of support offered by the marketing agency. Online marketing is a scalable process, and you can expect to get regular reports on your project, with updates on other aspects, including the performance of your website. Also, a good marketing firm will do a free audit of your website to find the possible issues and design concerns that need immediate attention. As required, they may suggest a revamp of the portal, besides offering content and marketing advice.